Benefits of Spring Batch framework
Batch processing is a critical aspect of many organizations. Batch jobs can be complicated to do well. Spring Batch can make it easier.
Spring Batch is an open source framework that brings the many Spring philosophies together so you can concentrate on writing business logic (XML configurations) rather than having to write base batch management code from the scratch. This allows the developer to build the application on top of the foundation provided by the framework.
Spring Batch allows developers to focus on domain concepts and rapidly create solutions for batch processing data in their domain.
Using Spring Batch is a bit more advanced than the core Spring framework, but once learned can reap many benefits through ease of management, monitoring, rapid job creation and scaling.
Rather than spending time on writing the framework code, use Spring batch as the base framework to concentrate on the application specific business rules in terms of processing of application specific data.
Benefits of Spring Batch
- Based on the Spring framework
- Since the foundation of Spring Batch is based upon the Spring framework, we can also get all of the benefits of Spring such as dependency injection and bean management based upon simple POJOs.
- Ramp up time is less
- For developers already accustomed to developing Spring based applications, it’s a very short ramp up time getting familiar with using the Spring Batch framework.
- Developer need to focus only on business rules
- The majority of the technical aspects surrounding the creation of batch applications have been solved and the developer needs to spend more time solving the business needs than building the whole framework.
- Use of Spring Integration
- By leveraging the additional functionality of Spring Integration, you can further increase the scalability of more distributed processes.
Spring Batch provides classes and APIs to read/write resources, transaction management, job processing statistics, job restart and partitioning techniques to process high-volume of data.
Benefits of Spring batch are huge compared to existing batch processing options.
You may also like this
TechnoStixs.com is a dedicated weblog for Java/J2EE and web developers. We take pride in our work. Every publication is carefully analyzed, written and tested to ease the understanding of the topic or subject.
We cover Java Core Technologies, eCommerce, J2EE Frameworks, Web Service, Build Tools, Unit Test Frameworks and Others.
2,441 total views, 1 views today